OUR FARM STAND IS OPEN 7am to 7pm every day!
Buy our Milk at the farm stand, join our CSA or send an email about individual orders.
Our milk is raw and whole. It has cream that rises to the top and it’s deep yellow from the grass that makes it. It’s at the heart of European culture in the ecosystems of the temperate climates. It’s the milk that we have evolved to drink.
Our cows are Jersey cows that live on pasture day and night through the growing season and eat grass and herbs. They are managed intensively through planned rotation to provide them with the optimal nutrition, so that they can make the most nutritious milk. In this process they build topsoil, sequester carbon in the ground and live to the full extent of their being. In the winter they eat dry and fermented hay. They always get sea salt and minerals to complete their diet.
Our cows graze pastures that are USDA certified organic by the NH Department of Agriculture Markets and Food. We adhere to standards set forth by the National Organic Program including and beyond: no hormones, synthetic fertilizers and pesticides and no GMOs. Being certified also means to implement plans for soil nutrient management and improvement, conservation and biodiversity. All of this contributes to a healthy environment and food and ultimately happy lives for all of us.
One share is two glass quart bottles of milk. Pick it up weekly either at Benedikt Dairy in Goffstown or Normanton Farms in Litchfield.
You can learn more by reading through the following common questions, and if you have more questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (603) 801-7056.
Why join the CSA?
– Community Supported Agriculture!
-The CSA allows us to schedule milk pick-ups, so that we move all milk fresh every day. We can plan and reduce waste and you get the freshest possible product guaranteed every week.
What does it cost?
– Every quart of milk costs $3.50/quart +$1 bottle deposit at the farm stand, or $3.00/qt when you join the CSA. A share is 20 or 52 weeks of 2 bottles a week. So for a 20 week share you pay $120 and get 2 bottles of milk every week for 20 weeks. More bottles? Simply sign up for multiple shares.
Where and how do I pick up?
– We are located at 97 Shirley Hill Rd, Goffstown. We’ll give you the details once you sign up. You can also now pick up your share at Normanton Farm in Litchfield, NH or at Tuckaway Farm in Lee, NH. Here’s a map of our pick up locations so you can see which one is closest to you. Contact Normanton and Tuckaway Farms directly for pick up at those farms.
How do I sign up?
– Write us an email, ask us any remaining questions and let us know which days would work for you. Fill out this form. You can send a check in the mail or ask us to invoice you so you can pay online. Contact Normanton and Tuckaway Farms directly for pick up at those farms.
What days are available?
– Availability varies by demand. Some days are more popular than others. Ask us about your preferred day and we see if it’s available. Benedikt Dairy pick up (Goffstown) is available most days depending on availability.
How many shares can I buy?
– As many as you wish! (and are available)
Can I pick up multiple times a week?
– Our experience has been that if properly refrigerated, milk lasts for a week without losing quality and sweetness. If you wish to come twice a week to have your milk as fresh as possible you can sign up for different shares on different days, too.
How fresh is the milk / how long does it last?
– Milk is milked never more than 48 hours before pick-up day. We guarantee one week of freshness if properly refrigerated (below 45◦)
What if I leave for vacation?
– If you need to put your subscription on hold, let us know and we will update your schedule and send you a confirmation. You will always get all the milk for which you have subscribed.
What if I want to increase the amount?
– If you would like to increase for example from 1 to 2 shares a week and you are 8 weeks in your term (12 weeks left), then you can buy another share for 12 weeks to add on, so your shares renew at the same time. We found it makes it easier for everyone this way.
What if I want to decrease the amount I get?
– If you have for example 12 weeks left on 2 shares, and you want to decrease to one share, then we merge your shares, so you would get 1 share for 24 weeks.
I have guests coming to town. Can I buy an extra bottle or two this week?
You’ll find extra bottles available for sale in the retail fridge.
There aren’t any bottles left in the retail fridge. Can I just take one of the bottles in the CSA fridge?
No way! Please leave the bottles behind the day of the week signs. Those are reserved for shareholders!
Milk comes in our glass bottles. Return your old bottles clean or well-rinsed to the crate by the fridge when you pick up your next milk. Since we wash each bottle by hand we really appreciate it when the bottles come back without residue. You can throw the lid in your home recycling bin since we use fresh lids each time.